Friday, September 9, 2011

Tag: My Makeup Story...


My Makeup Story
1. How old were you when you start wearing makeup?
I really don't remember exactly what age I started wearing makeup but I can definitely tell you it was late in the game. Maybe 14-15 years old.

2. How did you get into makeup?
 There was a lot of different factors but two I know are for sure. One was DulceCandy... My favorite makeup guru just because she was my first inspiration. I used to stay up late  nights just watching her youtube videos or reading her blogs. She is absolutely amazing & completely down to earth. Second was my friends Alyssa & Lauren & their mom Annie. They always told me that I was beautiful and that I should enhance it with makeup. To say the least they bought me my first palette "Urban Decay's Sustainable Shadow Box" at age 19. Crazy huh? But I love it & cherish it with all my heart.


3. What are some of your favorite brands?
 I love so many brands. I have such a wide variety from drugstore to MAC. I love Sephora though because of the wide variety it has. I must say most of my products are from Urban Decay & I am not in a bit disappointed. LOVE URBAN DECAY!

4. What does makeup mean to you?
 To me makeup means a lot of things; but out of all the definitions I can use, I am going to say ART. I know it sounds strange but I am an ART fanatic and I think that is why I love makeup so much. Our faces are the canvas & the makeup are the tools.  We create what we feel in a moment of time. 

5. If you could only wear four products on your face what would they be?
 -Foundation
-Eye shadow
-Mascara
-Lip balm

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
I love how makeup can completely change my mood around in a second. I can be so down and feeling blah but then I put on some makeup and I'm happy. 

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
 I think both are just as good. I know high end products may last longer and longer wear time but I feel that personally they both do the job Great.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
 Well I am a beginner myself, so I guess I will tell them what I do myself. Youtube should be your best friend. I've learned so much from so many girls who do tutorials online. Also practice makes perfect! 

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
 Well there is nothing that has ever stood out to me. I think everyone should be able to do what ever they want if they feel comfortable with it themselves.

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube and Blogger?  
As I said on question 8, that is how learned myself. My answer for every makeup question is YOUTUBE! lol I honestly don't think I would ever know how to even pick up a brush. I love watching the videos. I myself am trying to do the same. 

Hope you enjoyed! & I TAG you all!! I would love to see your amazing responses!!

JaeLy

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging world girl ... I got to say love your take on your profile and so happy I bumped into your blog following ya for sure

    I'd be so happy if you check my blog and follow me??
    Stay sweet Blessings

    http://glamstyln.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete